Monday, January 20, 2014

Revisit: Cornflake Cookies


This year has been a busy year. 2014 means both kids going to school, both AM session which means mummy dun haf the luxury of sleeping til 10am. Thus I have been slow in trying new recipes, as well as updating my blog. Sorry everyone....!!

Today I am sharing this recipe that I have tried and baked last year. It is so yummy that both my kids and hubby enjoyed it very much. And since I got most of my CNY goodies store-bought, I decided to bake this cornflakes cookies, chocolate cornflakes cups, home-made pineapple tarts only. No time no time! Arghhh.... If I have more time, I might try new recipes too..

Today instead of rolling them on crushed cornflakes, I decided to add in the cornflakes to the dough. Lazy way so that I don't have to get too messy and I even mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. I think I got all done in barely an hour for 1/2 the recipe. Very fast and yet super yummy cookies that will win everyone over.



I hope I still have them leftover when CNY comes nxt week. If not it's still very fast to whip up a tub as it is a very simple and straightforward recipe. By having the cornflakes adding to the cookie dough itself, it is more crunchy and harder as compared to rolling on cornflakes. I prefer it this way as it is lesser crumbs to handle for the kids when they eating it.

I am submitting this post to Bake Along event, Chinese New cookies for the month Jan 2014

5 comments:

Baby Sumo said...

My kids enjoy this cookie a lot too, and best of all very easy to make!

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Priscilla,
A good idea to mix in the cornflakes, makes it easier to work with!
I wish there are more than 24 hours in a day, at least before CNY! Tons of things to do, and barely half is done!
Thanks for linking!

Zoe said...

Hi Priscilla,

Judging from the deliciousness of these cookies, I bet that your cornflake cookies will be gone before CNY :p

Zoe

Priscilla Toh said...

Baby Sumo,
Yes. It's so fragrant and easy to make...

Joyce, yes.. I also last min engine, trying to see hw much I can make... Got a lot on tables, home made n store bought..

Zoe,
Aldy gone.. Will try n make again...

lena said...

i am also like you, will buy some and make some..dont know why cny is always so busy...or we make ourselves so busy? hehe... thx so much for linking.