Friday, November 21, 2014

Famous "Tomato" Rice



Seriously I don't know this recipe originate from who as I just follow and make it after seeing so many friends making it. Some of them really cook it to mimic restaurant style, some were normal home cooked rice joining in the fun. And I am too, simple home cooked fare on my lazy days.


I tried it twice with the first attempt ending up bland as I totally forgot about the seasonings. But luckily I steam meat patty along, jus in case the rice failed, I can quickly cook some porridge to go with it. Luckily the meat patty salvage the bland rice but overall, still consider edible. I also reduce water, ending up with drier rice. Disaster first attempt!

Today I am doing it for the 2nd time, without reducing water, replacing olive olive with sesame oil and not adding any special ingredients. Made Shabu pork enoki wraps and honey wings from Cold storage. 

Rice was slightly wet, just need to keep warm for 10-15mins more and you serve it warm with the dishes prepared. Give it a try.

Tomato Rice Recipe
1 Cup Rice
1 Cup Water
1 Tomato
1tsp Sesame Oil
1tsp Salt
Dash of Pepper

1) Wash and prep rice as per norm, wash n place tomato in center. Once rice is done, stir thru tomato with rice and keep warm til ready to serve. 

No comments: