Friday, September 20, 2019

Double Chocolate Chips Muffins


A neighbour friend baked them for me to try and immediately fell in love with it. Quickly ask for recipe and waited til today then have time to bake them! Decided to bring along for a simple gathering with a group of friends whom i made recently this year! 


I used the ikea cup liners and baked them in the ikea silicon cups. Couldnt find the old tall muffin trays there anymore. So sad! I saw something similar selling over $30 in ezbuy. Shall wait for my nxt overseas trip to see if I can chance upon anything cheaper. 

Oh the smell of baking them is super therapeutic! Smells like heaven with the rich chocolate aroma! Totally enjoying them! Wonderful! 


Packed them up for my gathering tml with cling wrap as to prevent them from drying up. And also was worried about ants too! Hopefully my friends n their kids will enjoy this rich chocolate muffins!  Definitely worth burning some calories for them! Rich, moist and soft! A go to for my choc fix! Try it. 


Double Chocolate Chips Muffins (makes 18 medium size)
115g Butter
150g Sugar (original recipe calls for 175g)
2 eggs
180g Melted chocolate
250ml Buttermilk (I use 250ml + 1tsp lemon juice and sit 1min)

Dry ingredients:
250g Plain flour
1tsp Baking powder
1/3tsp Baking soda
1/4tsp salt

Topping:
Handful of dark & milk chocolate chips

1) Melt chocolate and set aside
2) Cream butter and sugar til light pale yellow
3) Add in eggs and mix well
4) Add in melted chocolate
5) Alternate butter milk and dry ingredients, starting and ending with dry in 3 additions
6) Fold in chocolate chips
7) Scoop just slightly to the brim of cupcake liners
8) Bake at 180def for 30mins

No comments: