Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Live Cooking - Yam Cake & Quinoa Salmon Salad (Thermomix)


Did a simple lunch theme today, having a light lunch out of the norm from rice and noodles. We did a Yam cake, with a slight modifications and a Quinoa salad to my family preference. Let me share what I did today for them, link to my Facebook replay is here.


I served the steam yam cake with sweet sauce and the nasi lemak chilli I made previously. Totally loving the combination and best is, Grandma approved! She love anything Yam but of cos minus those sweet dessert but the traditional kind is her fav. I was surprised she went for 2nd helping after the first and her bowl of Quinoa. You wouldn't know how happy I was inside SECRETLY. LOL.


Next, I did a show of layer cooking possible with 2 types of cuisine. I did a Quinoa salmon salad. The original recipe uses steam chicken but I prefer salmon over chicken and added some of the family favourite in a salad to make it that suits our family tastebuds.

The sauce was well-recieved by me and the kids plus grandma, but not so much for my hub. I felt its the parsley that is quite overpowering so maybe if you do give it a try, do try going lesser for the parsley dressing or you can omit it too. 


Added baked potatoes and salmon cubes, along with my favourite mushrooms. Thankful for my wonderful kitchen gadgets that makes my life so much easier and hub feels the same way as I do. Love the colour of my salad today, what about you?

I have included a manual steps for those who don't own a thermomix yet. For baking, I am using my ninjafoodi. You can replace with air fryer or oven, but adjust accordingly. Enjoy!

Yam Cake (recipe adapted from Cookidoo, adjusted to my preference)
60g Rice flour
12g Cornflour
120g Water
50g dried shrimp, soaked
2 sausage, diced
400g yam, cubed
50g water
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2tsp 5 spice powder
Pinch of pepper

Manual Steps: (follow cookidoo with the reduction in ingredients as per above)
Add dried shrimps and sausage and blend it coarsely.
Saute for 5mins. 
Meanwhile mix rice flour, corn flour and 120g water in a bowl and set aside.
Add yam cubes and seasoning with 50g water to the dried shrimps and sausage and stirfry them for 10mins.
Add in rice flour mixture and and mix well.
Pour out onto prepared tin and steam for 20-30mins. Serve warm or can panfry for a crusty exterior.

Quinoa & Salmon Salad (adapted from Cookidoo with modifications)
100g Quinoa
300g Trout, cube (you can replace with any meat or seafood of your choice)
Mushrooms
3 Potatoes, cubes
Steamed vegetables (I used corn kernels, broccoli, crab sticks)
Dressing (Parsley oil)
1 clove garlic
3-4sprig Parsley
40g extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
2-3 Lemon, zest only (I omit)
Mustard dressing
1tsp Djorn mustatd
1tsp honey
2tsp apple cider vinegar
10g water
30g extra virgin olive oil

Manual Steps: (follow cookidoo with the reduction in ingredients as per above)
Do dressing for parsley and blend it well. Set aside
Repeat for mustard dressing and set aside.
Bake potato cubes, spray some oil at 160deg x 15mins. Toss and bake another 15mins 
Once ready, remove and set aside.
Add in salmon cube, mushrooms and bake for 10mins, sprinkle some salt and basil flakes.
Once ready set aside.
Cook quinoa as per package instructions and steam above vegetable of your choice.
Assemble ingredients above and serve with dressing either warm or chilled









 

No comments: