Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Foccacia


Today decided to make foccacia for the youngest for recess, add on some fruits and nuggets will be an enjoyable meal for him. 


This is my first time baking these after so long. With some advise from my dear advisor fren, she taught me to cold retard them before baking, best overnight but I dont have enough time to cool them in the morning so i left it til evening to bake them. 

Didnt know how to poke the holes and just randomly deco with some onions and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle some rosemary herbs and I FORGOT TO SPRINKLE SALT! 


The end result seems ok, acceptable to me. Exterior is crusty, inside is chewy. Just that probably it would be nicer with the sprinkling of salt as it is slightly. Probably when we serve it with the mains and dips, it would balance out the taste. 

Go try it! Youngest accepted the taste means APPROVED!
 
Foccacia
Recipe from Cookidoo
20g Olive Oil
400g Lukewarm water, i use room temp
1.5tsp Yeast
500g Bread Flour
2tsp salt

Toppings:
Tomatoes, Onion, herbs & drizzle of Olive oil

1) Mix oil, yeast, water - 5sec speed 3
2) Add flour and salt - 20sec speed 6 then knead 2mins
3) Place dough onto greased baking tin and let it proof 1hour
4) Lightly oil fingers n spread dough out to fit the baking tin and let it proof another 30mins (I let it proof in fridge til I am ready to bake n bring to rm temp for 30-45mins)
5) Deco with the toppings and drizzle the olive oil
6) Bake 35mins at 200deg

No comments: