Monday, October 22, 2012

Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe Trial I


Using a recipe from Hearty Bakes this round as I was intrigued by the idea that it doesn't uses milk for this recipe. So here I am, using the 1-bowl method in this recipe. 
For this very first attempt, I wanna see the difference between using hand whisk for this recipe and a mixer so I am trying out the hand whisk first.
The flavour is an outburst of vanilla in butter cake, it's very flavorful. My son can't stop asking for more, but I think my gal doesn't like the overwhelming buttery taste and stopped at 1. Haha, difference preferences huh.
Anyway, I tried using my KA and both yields a same texure. Not really the texture I am looking for, but the taste is definetely very buttery.
Vanilla cupcakes (adapted from Hearty Bakes) **i quarter the recipe and got 27 really mini cuppies**
225g Unsalted Butter (softened)
*225g caster sugar (reduced to 200g)
225g Self-raising flour
1 tsp Baking powder
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
Method:
1. Preheat oven to 175deg.
2. Place paper baking liners in muffin tins.
3. Place all ingredients in mixing bowl and whisk until smooth & pale.
4. Spoon mixture into the liners.
5. Bake about 20mins
6. Remove cakes from oven and let it cool on rack.

7. Decorate cupcakes as per preference.

No comments: