Thursday, October 4, 2012

Children's Day


Children's Day is approaching and time to rack my head again. Only relief is that I have already tot of what to make for the little children to bring home way before. Collected the egg shells and wanna make them little chicken sponge cakes.
I added strawberry essence and a tint of pink to make light pinkish chickens. Using the sponge mix recipe as I felt th previous round with chiffon was way too soft.. But after trying the sponge mix today, I kinda like the chiffon better. LOL..
in da sauna
Little Chicken Sponge Cake (reference to prev post
250g Sponge mix
4 eggs
1tsp Strawberry essence
3Tbsp Milk
1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil

Beat sponge mix and egg til light and fluffy (ribbon stage)
Fold in essence, milk and oil gently
Pour batter into piping bag and pipe into egg shells about 2/3 full
Bake at 180deg for 30-35min
Cool before peeling off egg shells


No comments: