Wednesday, July 17, 2019

$250 Neiman Marcus Cookies


Been wanting to bake cookies and has been looking at those recipes that I have baked before. Search google a bit and chanced upon this $250 Neiman Marcus Cookies!! Sounds so yummy and I am so intrigued. The rolled oats convinced me as it tells me its ‘healthier’ junk food! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Haha~

Using my atas butter, Lescure, I tell myself I must bake and try it! I reduce sugar slightly for both white and brown sugar as I remembered angmoh recipes usually on the sweeter side. And I omit the nuts as I wanna give some to my 3yo toddler too! Nuts will be a bit dangerous for him, worried that he may choked on them. 

I didnt use a mixer, instead all using a handwhisk as I wan to minimise the amount of equipments used and also want to be fast! (I always sneak a bake when my 3yo naps) Butter was left to soften at room temp helps. Managed to mix it up quite well! 

Sending them trays by trays and playing with the amount of dough each batch to see the size that I want. 1 tablespoon size gives a bigger cookie, 1.5 teaspoon seems a better size for my preference. The dough stretches while baking so good to space them out slightly! And when they are hot out from oven, they are slightly soft to touch. But crisp up well and crunchy once cooled!! (Left is 1 tablespoon and Right is 1.5 teaspoon)

Totally love the taste! Please do give this recipe a try! Yums!

$250 Neiman Marcus Cookies (adapted from BrownEyeBaker)
202.5g Rolled Oats, blended to powder
250g Plain flour
1tsp Baking Powder
1tsp Baking Soda
227g Butter, room temp
150g White sugar
170g Brown sugar
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla extract

Chocolate chips of your preference: I use a mix of salted caramel chips & dark choc chips

1) Whisk butter and 2 sugar til fluffy
2) Add in eggs 1 by 1, followed by vanilla extract
3) Add in flour and blended oat, mix well
4) Fold in chocolate chips
5) Preheat oven to 180deg
6) Scoop 1.5tsp batter and leave some space. Bake for 20-25mins til cookies are nicely browned. 
7) Cool and store in airtight

No comments: