Friday, July 26, 2019

Rainbow Cat Tongue


Baked a kek lapis yesterday and I had 10 egg whites left in the fridge. Wanted to make meringue but then chanced upon this Cat Tongue cookies and seems like so interesting. Making into mini rainbow cookies sounds like a good idea for the kids to bring in their snackbox on a boring school day. 


My first tray of cookies went in wrong. I piped too big and they spread too much. It seems like I underbaked too as it didnt turn crispy enough after cooling down. This tray went to the bin. Boohoo, so sad. 

So I piped them smaller without any shapes this round. Wanted to grasp the amount of batter to pipe and also baking time before exploring! And with 8 more whites, definitely not difficult to try again! 


Even the out-of-shapes ones caught his attention and he said Yummy yummy!! 

Smaller ones were out and he went ‘1 more 1 more!’ How can I reject him right? The rest were quickly packed away. The cookie is thin n crisp. But the sweetness seems to a bit sweet for me. I am definitely going to bake again and reduce the sugar again. Will update my trial next week! 

Rainbow Cat Tongue (adapted from TheBakingBiatch)
250g Butter
175g Caster Sugar
55g Egg whites
1tsp Vanilla extract
150g Plain flour
1tsp Baking powder

Gel colour of your preference

1) Beat butter and sugar til creamy and pale in yellow
2) Add in whites and extract
3) Add in 1/2 dry ingredients and mix well
4) Fold in remaining 1/2 with spatula and divide in the number of colours of your choice
5) Pipe with some space for spreading during baking
6) Bake at 160deg for 15-20mins
7) Cool before storing in airtight container



No comments: