Monday, July 22, 2019

Danish Butter Cookies III


Tried another recipe as itching to try some variation. Went to this recipe blog which I love to find interesting recipes to try! Saw his butter cookies nicely baked n piped makes me wanna try them! 

I halve and adjust the recipe slightly as I wanna try a small batch to see the taste and texture. Added some liquid although recipe doesnt require. And I have to say, I love the crumbly feel with the crunch! It doesnt tatse so floury and easily crumbles which is good for kids to hold n eat. 

I am using lescure butter and it comes with a light hint of butter fragrance. Added some pink salt as per recipe calls for, reduce a bit of sugar which I think can reduce a bit more. Overall, quite satisfied with this variation. Time to try back on my last 2 attempts to see which suits me best! 

Danish Cookies (adapted and adjusted slightly from BrownEyedBaker)
120g butter, soften
45g sugar
1/2 beaten egg
1tsp vanilla extract
1/2tsp Pink salt
144g Plain flour (I mix in 15g cake flour as I did not have enough plain flour)
1.5Tbsp coconut milk

1) Mix butter and sugar til fluffy
2) Add in egg, vanilla and salt and mix it well
3) Fold in flour til no streaks of flour can be seen
4) Stir in coconut milk
5) Pipe or roll into balls and bake at 180deg for 20mins

No comments: