Monday, July 22, 2019

Kap Zhong (Youtiao w/Glutinous Rice)


A lovely friend showed us this and ask where to find in SG. She love this simple snack from malaysia. So being curious, adventurous and many point of kaypoh-ness, I went to google about it and followed a video recipe that I found!


Dough was quite sticky to handle. Wasnt really that easy to ‘swissroll’ the glutinous rice in the dough. But the preparation work and of cos the frying part was easy. I rub my hands with oil so its easier to work but the glutinous rice kept sticking to my fingers. Tried my best to shape them to my best! LOL.. 


Overall, taste quite like sweet dough with soft glutinous rice in the middle. Goes well with a cup of coffee! Now I am going on a hunt to find where in SG sells this and going to try how far does mine taste from the real thing! 

Sidenote, I freeze some and plan to see if they will fry well after freezing. I can make them and keep for days when i crave for it! 

Kap zhong (recipe from Youtuber-Poh Leng Tan)
Dough:
125g Bread Flour
175g Plain Flour
65g sugar
1.5tsp Yeast
1/2tsp salt
175ml water
1/2tsp Baking Soda
1big spoon Oil

Glutinous Rice (I only made 1/2 of her reipce)
100g Glutinous rice, soaked 4hrs
30g sugar
1/2tsp salt

1) Prepare glutinous rice, drained and stir in sugr and salt. Add water to cover top of rice and steam for 30mins.
2) Add all dry ingredients in breadmaker. Add in water and knead for 5mins.
3) Add in oil and knead another 25mins. Rest for 30mins
4) Roll cooled glutinous into a long strip and set aside
5) Roll out dough into long strip. Place glutinous rice in and roll up like swissroll.
6) Cut into portion and flatten then coat some sesame seeds
7) Deepfried til golden brown. Serve warm or cooled. 

No comments: