Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Nestum Cereal Cookies


Bookmarked a while back and wanted to bake them for my kids. Loved her recipes as its usually in small batches. The use of nestum cereal reminds me of old school days! Yums! 


Very easily fix up with minimal mess. Actually i could have just use 1 bowl and make use of the weighing scale as I mix. But lazy to walk in and out so I weigh everything on my dining table before I sat down to slowly mix them up. My end batter was a bit dry in my view so I went to add 1 tablespoon of coconut milk! Hahaa~ Been adding some coconut milk to my cookies for that buttery coconut-y fragrance! 


My 3yo kept wanting to eat them after seeing my prepping them to go in oven for their ‘tan’ sessions. And I had to keep telling him its not ready! The smell when you bake them in the oven = HEAVENLY! I so cant wait to try them but managed to take myself away from the kitchen to make my 3yo naps. 


It is crunchy, with that flavourful nestum in each bites! Total love and great to go with a cup of milk for the kids! Try them! This will definitely go into their classroom snackbox tml! ❤️❤️


Nestum Cereal Cookies (BakeForHappyKids)
120g Butter, soften to room temp
80g Sugar (not supposed to reduce)
30g Egg yolks (approx 2 eggs, need to be precise in the weight)
2tsp Vanilla extract
60g Self-raising flour
1tsp baking powder
1tsp salt
100g Nestum cereal

*I added 1tablespoon of coconut milk at the end when my batter was a bit dry*

1) Use wooden spoon to mix butter and sugar til fluffy
2) Add in yolks and vanilla and mix well
3) Add in flour, salt and baking powder
4) Fold in nestum cereal and mix it well
5) Roll in small balls n flatten, leaving a bit of space for spreading 
6) Bake at 180deg for 20-25mins til top of cookies browned nicely
7) Cool well before storing in airtight


No comments: