Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Oat Waffles

 

Saw this recipe from 小红书 a while back and was really intrigued as how it would taste. First I feel its quite healthy, using only oats, milk and eggs. Secondly no flour or sweetener added. Great for people with diabetic issues. 

Since its the school holidays, decided to make them for breakfast since I am working from home. I pre-mix the batter and let it rest while I go and wash up and get ready. 


Once my waffle naker is hot, I brush with some butter and put 1 spoonful in, and let it cook. Sorry, didnt take note of the time as I use visual to guage instead. To see how golden brown n cooked it is then I remove. 

The textute is crispy and you can bascially taste oats. Its slightly dry and its bland since no sweetener was use, I would recommend to eat with honey drizzle or with some jam or spreads. 


I had it with a tablespoon of pistachio spread I made previously that I mixed with tablespoon of yogurt. Taste great with the pistachio bits. My boy had it with honey and he enjoyed so much ❤️


Used the balance batter and make them into small waffle bites! Am sure they taste great with milk and eat like cereals! Gonna have it for tea break! 


Oat Waffles
150g Rolled oats
100g Milk (can add more if u prefer)
2 Eggs

1) Mix all ingredients together and rest for 15mins
2) Preheat waffle maker n brush with oil
3) Put 1 spoonful of batter and let it cook til golden brown
4) Serve with preferred toppings or jams

No comments: