Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Waffles (with fillings)


Been wanting to try making waffles in the morning for lunchboxes to school. Finally saw 1 recipe that I can prep night before and use in the morning. 

Decided to have a go. Interesting is this recipe can be used on its own (can add own sugar for taste or serve with honey) or can be a sweet waffle with raisins or choc chips, or can even be a savoury version with ham & cheese.


This is how the dough is like after a night of resting in the fridge. I took out my choclate buttons as its too big for my waffle maker. Added raisins instead for a sweet waffle. 

Taste is soft, and it is not sweet at all on its own. Feel free to add some sugar to the batter if yoi prefer a sweeter taste. For me, I drizzle with a bit of honey and raisins for the youngest to bring to school. Added some sausages and blueberries for recess too! 

 

Waffles (with fillings)
150g Plain flour
110g Milk
2g Yeast
2 Eggs

1) Mix all ingredients together and let it rest overnight
2) Stir in filling of your choice, I added raisins
(Can add ham etc for savoury)
3) Use waffle maker to bake/toast til its cooked and golden brown

No comments: