Thursday, September 12, 2024

Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookies (Whole wheat)

 


Saw this IG story of this chocolate chip cook with pistachio butter as filling. Looks so so so good! Just had to bake them. (Blame it on the hormones)


A quick mix, this is how it looks before baking. Was such a meas trying to wrap the filling. I was never good as wrapping filling for cookies! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚


After baking, they spread out slightly and even expand in sizes. I would think possible to make into 10 pieces for better portion control. πŸ˜‚ Using whole wheat flour, and mistakenly I mixed up 2 recipes inspirations and thankfully they still taste good! At approx 180kcal per cookies, I would say its very worth the calories and can satisfy my cravings!  


Altho the sad part is that the filling isnt like lava. It sort of dry up inside like a layer of ‘cream’? I can still taste the subtle flavour of my pistachio butter in it. Do give it a try and if you know how to make lava filling, please share with me! 


Pistachio Chocolate Chip (Whole wheat)
80g Butter
10g Sugar
10g Brown sugar
1 Egg
150g Whole wheat flour
3g Baking soda
1g Baking powder
1.5g Cinnamon powder
15g Chopped nuts
50g Dark choc chips
~5g x 9 Pistachio butter (for wrapping in cookie dough)

1) Mix soften butter with sugar well and add in egg gradually and mix til smooth
2) Add all remaining ingredient til it comes to a soft dough
3) Gently pick up 1 spoonful of cookie dough and wrap pistachio butter as filling
4) Spread then slightly apart as it spreads during baking
5) Bake at 180deg x 25mins

No comments: