Thursday, November 8, 2012

Chocolate Cheddar Cheese Cupcakes



Rested for a while without baking much as kept on feeling very lethargic and falling sick on and off for the past weeks. Finally decided to go to the doc to get antibiotics since I wasn't recovering well in my own. So restless that I didn't even baked the usual supply of bread for daily breakfast and only surviving enough to managed at least 2 meals a day.
So since I am feeling way better now, the antibiotics does help a bit, and left with my sinus to tackle, I am back to my baking craze. Tis time, cheddar cheese cupcakes. 
Kinda worried it will be too overwhelming so I added cocoa powder and a tsp of chocolate essence to complement the cheddar. Indeed it was yummy. Taste like chocolate jap cheesecake to me. And will definetely make them again. My kids love it so so much...
Chocolate Cheddar Cheese Cupcake (adapted from Facebook Baking Wonderland's member but I can't recall who)
3 egg yolks
3 Cheddar Cheese (I used Fairprice brand Processed Cheddar and cut out 150g)
50g Butter
50g Milk
50g Plain Flour (10g Cocoa powder + 40g Plain Flour)
3 egg whites
1/4tsp Cream of Tartar
50g Caster Sugar

1) Melt Butter, Cheddar and Milk using double-boil method. (I use microwave at 20-30sec interval, stirring) Cool
2) Beat egg white til foamy, add cream of tartar and sugar gradually til stiff peaks
3) Pour yolk to cheddar mixture
4) Fold in 1/3 whites to above mixture then fold in flour
5) Pour mixture into remaining whites and fold gently
6) Bake for 170 deg, water bath for 30-40mins, or til skewer comes out clean
Bake for 10-15mins for my mini cupcakes

No comments: