Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Random search

Did a random search from Goggle as I want to finish up the yogurt before my tris tis weekend. Didnt want them expired after my trip and waste the 3 tubs of yogurt. I ended up using Emi - 2x Blueberries and 1x Strawberry yogurt.
End results is a kind of healthy cupcake 'texture'. Why I say that? First, there is no butter so dont expect a buttery fragrant as this recipe uses canola/vegetable oil. Secondly, it taste like steamed cake texture. But overall, my kids enjoyed it and whopped up 10 mini cupcakes once it cooled down. I managed to come up with about 40 mini bite-sized cupcakes. I would recommend it when you are lazy, rushing to make last min breakfast or snacks for tea break. If not, I would still prefer the usual butter recipe for cupcakes. (my own preference la)

Mixed Berries Cupcakes (adapted & modified from Story of Bing)
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups plain flour (sifted)
1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole-milk yogurt (plain or lemon or any flavour that you like)
1 cup caster sugar
4 eggs
Grated lemon zest from 2 lemons (about 2 teaspoons worth)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegetable oil


1) Preheat oven to 170deg
2) Put eggs, vanilla essence, sugar and lemon zest* into mixing bowl, mix well
3) Add yogurt, oil and salt, mix
4) Add in flour and mix til smooth batter
5) Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full, or full to a erupted dome like Story of bing.

No comments: