Monday, October 8, 2018

Peach gum dessert


Lately a friend has been posting her Peach Gum dessert on facebook, got me so tempted to try. And because it has benefits to promote healthy skin and many others. I just had to try it and make some for my family. 

I tried to google a few recipe to see which i like. Apprently, there is no specific ingredients that must go into this pot of goodness. So i decided to jus have some of my favourite ingredients like lotus seed, and gingko nuts (nah not my fav but its very nutritious for the kids)..  Now so much fortunate as NTUC sells pre-boiled and cleaned gingko nuts and lotus seeds! I still remember it takes hours to boil, soak, clean both of them when my auntie was preparing to make a pot of Cheng Thng! 

I was curious how to clean the peach gum so i google for a youtube video. Seems quite simple as after soaking it soften and jus need to snip off the black impurities and cut into smaller pieces. Hope the video helps for those trying the dish for the very first time! 

Just dump all ingredients A into pot, and bring to boil.. (Sorry my pic didnt show the pandan leaves 😬😬)
Then add remaining ingredients B and boil another 10mins. Done!! 

Here we go for a bowl of delicious and ‘skin beautifying’ dessert! ❤️ I put mine in the disposable for chilling and enjoy! πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‹


Peach Gum Dessert Soup (approx 6 portion) 
A) 
1 bundle pandan leaves (about 5-6 leaves)
Handful red dates
Handful dried longans
3 ‘balls’ white fungus, soaked and cut into smaller pieces
Handful of peach gum, soak and cleaned
B)
1 pkt lotus seeds 
1 pkt gingko nuts
Handful wolveberries
Rock sugar to taste

1) Wash and put all ingredients in A into pot and fill 1/2 pot water. Approx enough to cover ingredients.
2) Bring to boil then simmer for 30mins til peach gum softens
3) Add in ingredients in B and bring to boil. Then taste and add more rock sugar accordingly.
You may add a bit more water at this point if you feel that the water is not enough.
4) Simmer for another 10mins. Can be served warm or chilled.

No comments: