Thursday, October 25, 2018

Rice-cooker Chicky Rice


Decided to cook something simple for the kids as I had another spicy dish planned for myself. Rice-cooker Chicky Rice paired with Stir-fry Veg & Tomato Scrambled Eggs! Sharing this simple yet nutritious meal for everyone that takes less than 1hour from preparing to washing up. 

First I marinate the chicken and start chopping ingredients away. Once I am done chopping and washing the ingredients, I start to fry my eggs and vegetables. Set the rice cooker to cook and steam the chicken on top the rice, remember to take out about 1/2 cup or less water as the chicken will have water coming out in the process of cooking on the rice. This is to prevent soggy rice. 

While waiting for rice and chicken to be cooked, I start to wash up the pots and stuff used during cooking. With even enough time for a shower and you get a hot-piping meal! Enjoy!!

Rice-cooker chicky rice for 2
2 Drumsticks
2 stalk of pandan leaves
1/2 clove garlic
Small cube ginger
Chicken stock for cooking rice - I use 1.5cup of stock for 2 cup rice

Marinate: 1Tbsp Sesame oil, 1Tbsp Wine, 1Tbsp Lt Soy sauce, dash of pepper

1) Marinate chicken at least 30mins ahead. 
2) Prepare and wash rice as per normal, add 1.5 cup of stock for cooking the rice.
3) Arrange pandan leave, garlic and ginger on top of rice. Place marinated chicken on top and press ‘Cook’. Once its done, enjoy and serve warm!

PS: You can add a pinch of salt for more flavour in the rice, I didnt cos I cook them for my kids. 

No comments: