Friday, October 12, 2018

Spicy Rice Cakes


I used to always buy those ready made rice cake sauce and keep them in my fridge. Always crave for them wheneever I am watching korean dramas.. After watching so many dramas and some korean cooking videos shared by friends or social media! I realised that Hot Pepper Paste can cook so many types of korean dishes, depending on how u mix them up! ❤️❤️

I use it to cook my ramen so i only buy those plain ramen from Korean mart at $0.70. Way cheaper than buying a pack of ramen. Kimchi fried rice, korean stews, rice cakes and so many! So today I am sharing my own Spicy rice cakes that I always cook when I crave for them!

I went to the Korean mart and got the fish cakes. Quite yummy. Its more to the sweet side which complement the spicy sauce. Above is a pic I found on google. Mine is plain, non vegetables version! $2.20 and comes with 5 sheets of the fish cake.


I am using the pepper paste and kimchi as above. Easily available from NTUC, korean marts or most of the supermarkets! My rice cakes are also from NTUC. All so easily available to buy! Pictures are from google!

Here’s my yummy lunch! And all it took is 15-20mins..


Spicy Rice Cakes
1/2 pkt rice cakes
2 sheets of fish cake, cut into rectangulars
1scoop Hot Pepper Paste
1scoop kimchi
500ml water, can add more if it dries up
1/2Tbsp anchovy powder

1) Bring water to boil in pot. Add anchovy powder.
2) Add hot pepper paste and stir dissolve them
3) Add rice cakes and fish cakes and let it simmer for 5-10mins
4) Add kimchi and mix well. Sprinkle some korean chilli flakes if u like it more spicy. Serve warm!


No comments: