Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Lapis Sagu - Revisit


Revisit this recipe, and sub 40g of Tapioca flour with Hoon kueh flour to try out the texture. I think its almost the same, cos I cant really remember the previous round, how was the texture! But if i trecall correctly, it is slightly chewier. Is that even right to describe it? Hahah I am bad at describing texture! Lol! But personally so long my family gives the PASS, I am aldy contented! 

The only failure is that I didnt manage to make more layers. I am bad at mixing colours, 😪😪 dun ask me why! So not artistic! And I spoil a layer with the GREEN + ORANGE! Take a closer look and you can the smudge there. 

Lapis Sagu
210g sugar
Knot of pandan leave
150g water

480ml Coconut milk
1/2 tsp oil
1/2tsp salt
140g tapioca flour
40g hoon kueh flour
50g rice flour

1) Bring to boil sgar, pandan leaves and water. 
2) Mix the coconut milk, salt, flour, oil well. Stir in hot sugar mixture and set aside
3) Grease a square tin, fits rectangular tin or a 6” tin. Bring steamer to boiling and put baking tin inside. 
4) Scoop 1 portion of mixture and col it. Lift up steamer and pour in batter. Steam for 1-3mins ad do the second layer. Repeat til mixture is finished.
*From 3rd layer, steam for approx 3-4mins and check if layer is set before adding the next.

No comments: