Friday, November 30, 2018

Meringue Pop


Kids has been waiting for me to make this with them, especially after showing them numerous videos, pictures of ideas what we can do with it! Mummy very bad as I purposely waited and waited!


So I made them prep the meringue, helped them out a bit. We made 3 colours, white, green & purple.
They get to drop the colourings and mixed them up. Show them how to pipe and let them have a go! 

Little boy isnt that ‘steady’ with holding and squeeze the meringue for his christmas tree. I hold and helped him with the first, then let him do it. He was worried when the shape was out, so I told him I will correct after he is done. Just go ahead and do and try it! 

Then my big gal took her turn. She wants to make unicorn pop. And was asking me 2D, 3D and I told her dont stress me. Jus pipe what you want cos I dont know what 2D or 3D you want. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ So there she goes and then the tray went chaos. Seriously I dont know what the 2 of them were ‘drawing’. Anyway its for them to have fun, so lets have it! 


Baking took 2hrs, need to cool before using the edible markers to draw. YES, we purposely buy the markers for this project! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ And they have been checking and CHECKING if its done and ready to draw! 🀦🏻‍♀️🀦🏻‍♀️ Finally dried enough frm baking, cooled enough and they started drawing theirs. 

Fun project for the holiday. Try them at home! 

Meringue cookies pop (adapted with slight modifications from Kokoma’s)
60g Whites
60g Caster Sugar
1tsp Vanilla Paste (optional, i added as i worried if there will be egg taste)

Colourings as desired

1) Whip egg whites til bubbles, add sugar and continue to whip til shiny and glossy.
2) Add vanilla paste and whip til mix in well.
3) Portion and add colourings as desired.
4) Pipe and bake at 70-100deg for 2hrs or til dry to touch. Cool before deco with chocolate or edible markers. 

No comments: