Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Organic Corn Kueh aka Kueh Jagung


Lately we have some hype over eating and making nonya kueh. And since I saw some mung bean flour at NTUC the other day, I just grab it but I cant rem what I wanna make it with! LOL, tell me about mummy’s brain! 

Since my mama group made some Kueh Jagung and looks so appetising, and it is my kids favourite and I dont mind giving them some, I decided to make them nigjht before so i can chill and give them for snack tml afternoon! ❤️❤️

I didnt managed to get Banana leaf so I boiled the coconut mixture with a knot of Pandan leaves! Smell mmmmmmmm... NICE! The whole preparation was so fast and done in like 15mins! Left the kueh to cool down for about 1hr before putting in the fridge to chill! 

I put in a rectangular baking tray, lined with baking paper. Its easier so I can jus slice them into individual slices tml! I halve the recipe for approximately 8-9 slices of kueh! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

Apparently texture is good, but i think i can add 10-15g of sugar nxt round! Try and let me know! 

Kueh Jagung (adapted from here)
1/3 Corn Cob, cut out the corn kennels
4-5 Pandan leaves, washed and knot
100ml Coconut Milk
175ml Water
40g Sugar
40g Mung Bean Flour
5g Rice Flour (cos i ran out of Mung Bean flour)
100ml water

1) Mix flour + 100ml water well.
2) Take out corn kennels and leave aside.
3) Bring coconut milk, water, pandan leaves & sugar and heat til sugar dissolved.
4) Stir in mung bean mixture and corn kennels. Keep stirring til mixture thickens
5) Remove from heat and cool for an hour. Chill overnight preferably. 

No comments: