Friday, November 2, 2018

Brown Sugar Bobo Fresh Milk


Loved Brown Sugar Boba Milk Tea so had to try making them at home! Realised most of the Brown sugar boba are made with fresh milk ONLY! 😱😱😱 And when my big kids know about it, they have been asking to have some! So once a while some sips here and there but rare. Today gonna give a after-school treat by making them myself for them! (At least mummy knows what in this cup of boba milk)

So i saved a few recipes and decided to go with this. Seems easy, straightforward and a video to follow which I love to have, especially when its my first time trying that recipe. Somehow gives me a visual what I would be expecting and not so intimidating! 

Grab all my ingredients and to be honest, 2 most important ingredients are the Brown Sugar and Tapioca Starch and ready to go! Very simple but only tedious part I faced was the rolling of the boba! Arrghh.... so hard to roll and i forgot about them having to go thru the straws and roll them a bit bigger for the initial bobas.. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ All in all, took me about 30-45mins max from start to washing up! Pls try them at home!! 

I pair with Fresh Milk and after tasting, I think I would do twice the amount of the Brown sugar syrup next round. The taste is there but not significant enough. But definitely taste like those you get outside, the non-tea version. So instead of spending $4-$6 on a cup outside now, I think I will make them at home once a while. Share a rare treat with the kids and keep some excess for the next day too! And I feel this recipe doesnt yield a overly sweet boba. Sweetness and texture just nice. Soft, chewy and QQ! 


Brown Sugar Boba Milk (adapted from here)
Boba (makes around 4 servings) :
20g Brown sugar
80g Water
120g Tapioca Starch

Brown Sugar Syrup: *I would double this next round
50g Brown Sugar
Some water jus enough to dampen

1) Boil 20g brown sugar and 80g water til sugar is dissolved
2) Measure 80g and add to tapioca starch. Knead into a dough
3) Roll out into a ball and cut into thin strips. Cut into small cubes and roll into balls. Coat with tapioca to prevent them sticking
4) Bring to boil some water. Add tapioca balls to pot n boil around 10mins. Off and cover with lid for 10mins.
5) Strain and put in iced water. Strain and leave aside
6) Put 50g brown sugar and some water to dampen. *Dun add too much as will make the syrup watery
7) Stir til mixture is sticky and add in boba. Mix them well and stir for 1mins or less to cover the boba. Then off fire and cover with lids for 10mins. Leave it cool before using
8) Serve with 250ml of fresh milk and some ice cubes with 1 scoop of boba. Add about 1-2 Tbsp of the syrup. Enjoy!

No comments: