Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Jap Oreo Baked Cheesecake


Bookmarked this recipe to try baking for a friend I recently made. Nice owner of a pork and chicken seller online. In any case you keen to find out, here’s her page. I always get my fresh supplies of pork and chicken from her. 


So preggy has a lot of cravings so I decided to bake her 1. Supposedly bake the bigger one for her but the cake tin smashed the cake on the side when removing the base. This made me frustrated the whole afternoon. Luckily the taste really yummy and I didnt regret making the oreo cookies in coarse bits! 


Texture wise, I would say not bad. Light and fluffy and the bits of the cookies makes it so yummy!! I totally forgot its a baked cheesecake as I think the extra 3 cookies I added sort of brings out more oreo taste! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ But I love it, especially my kids!!


Luckily the smaller one still looks presentable! Hopefully the mummy enjoys her sinple treat. And as I am typing, I realised I forgot to pass her bak chang! πŸ™ŠπŸ™ŠπŸ™Š



Jap Oreo Baked Cheesecake (adapted with slight changes from JeannieTay)
170g Creamcheese
60g Butter
40g Sugar

170g milk
4 yolks
20g cornflour
40g plain flour
1tsp lemon juice
1tsp vanilla paste

4 whites
80g sugar

9 oreo cookies, crushed in coarse bits n keep 6 cream

1) Melt the creamcheese, butter and sugar over double-boil. I did mine over a plate of hot water.
2) Add in milk and mix well. 
3) Add in yolk, oreo cream, flours, lemon juice and vanilla paste. Mix well n set aside.
4) Beat whites n sugar til stiff peaks. Add in 2-3 addition.
5) Fold in oreo bits.
6) Line base of cake tin, bake for 50-70mins at 180deg for first 30mins then lower to 150deg. Cake is done when top of cake is nicely brown.
7. Invert and cool before slicing! 






No comments: