Monday, May 6, 2019

Stir fry abacus seed with beef


First time making abacus seeds from scratch as my #2 says he want to eat after seeing it on a food variety show. So my grandma bought a yam with the mindset to make it for him. But honestly neither of us had made this before! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

So after seeing no actions for 2 days, i slightly google for the technique if making it. Most uses steam yam, tapioca flour, water and salt. Some added rice flour too. So with 90g of tapioca and 400g of steamed yam. I mixed another 90g of glutinous flour to my yam dough! 

A friend helped to get the beef and surprisingly this cut is yummy!! It is soft n not tough after frying!!  Great for kids who cant chew well, not forgetting the elders too!!! 


Pardon the evening sun glare! Yummy dinner tonite, excluding our Winter melon soup! 

Stir fry abacus seed with beef
400g Steamed yam
90g tapioca flour
90g glutinous rice flour

1) Steam yam slices for 30mins and mash them
2) Add flour n slowly mix in to form a dough. Roll and cut into small chunks and roll into balls. Press a dent in the middle.
3) Bring water to boil and boil the abacus seed. Once it floats means it is cooked. 
4) Put boiled abacus seeds in rm temp water. Drained and keep for use later.

2Tbsp dried shrimps, soaked
4-5 Shitake mushroom, slice thinly
2Tbsp oyster sauce
200g loin cut beef
Some spring onion and parsely

1) Sautee garlic and dried shrimps til fragrant. 
2) Add in mushroom and beef. Stir fry til 70% cooked and add in oyster sauce and some water.
3) Add in abacus seeds, mix well. Throw in some spring onions and parsley. Quick stir and serve warm.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It
positively useful and it has helped me out loads.
I'm hoping to give a contribution & help other users like its aided me.
Good job.

Anonymous said...

It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd certainly donate to this brilliant blog!
I suppose for now i'll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed
to my Google account. I look forward to new updates and will talk about this site with my Facebook group.
Chat soon!

Anonymous said...

I simply couldn't depart your site prior to suggesting that I actually enjoyed the standard information an individual supply to your guests?

Is gonna be again ceaselessly in order to check out new posts