Thursday, May 16, 2019

Modified Rice Dumpling II


This year fast hand fast leg wrap my bak chang on my kids’ last paper! I need to do something yummy to feel good and destress from the exam fever! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I always have a problem with my rice:ingredients ratio each year when I wrap my dumpling. So I always make 2-3 batch of them cos ζˆ‘δΈη”˜ζ„Ώ to not eat the flavour I want. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Even the taste also, need to adjust and adjust so this year I tweak with reference to my first attempt and also going to record down the ratio here! 


The rice have to be 1/2 tbsp on the bottom, with almost 2 Tbsp of meat (5-6 pcs of meat + 2-3 mushroom halves) and top with 1 big Tbsp of rice. And I mix the white rice:glutinous rice at a ratio of 1:2. Reason why I mix the rice so it wont be too bloated for kids & elderly  to eat, as well as those with gastric problems. θ‡ͺε·±εŒ…ηš„ε°±ε―δ»₯ε–œζ¬’θ‡ͺε·±ζ€Žζ ·εŒ… 😊😊


Had about 50-60 dumplings from 1kg meat (pork belly & twee bak) and some chix thigh meat that I wrap for kids to try. Good alternative for those who want to eat rice dumpling but dont like pork. So this shall mark the end of my wrapping for this year. (🀞🏻🀞🏻🀞🏻 Crossing fingers I will not itchy fingers) 


Rice Dumpling II 
800g glutinous rice
400g white jasmine rice
9Tbsp oyster sauce
10Tbsp lt soy sauce
10Tbsp dark soy sauce
5Tbsp sesame oil
2Tbsp shallot + oil
3Tbsp 5-spice powder
1Tbsp pepper

Meat:
500g Twee Bak, cube
500g Pork Belly, cube
5Tbsp sesame oil
10Tbsp lt soy sauce
10Tbsp dark soy sauce
4Tbsp Huatiao
2Tbsp 5-spice powder
2Tbsp pepper

Mushroom, soak and halves
Dried shrimps, soak

1) Soak glutinous rice for 2 hrs. Then drain and add washed jasmine rice to it. Add seasoning and marinate it overnight.
2) Blanch the pork with boiling water. Cut into desired size, for me I cut into cubes. Add in marinates, mushroom and dried shrimps. Marinate n leave overnight.
3) Wash and boil leaves 2x, wiping them after each wash before using them.
4) Boil wrapped dumpling for 1-1.5hrs depending on the rice texture you like. For me, I took out 1 at 1hr mark to try then decide to continue to boil longer or remove from pot. Happy wrapping!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very pleased to uncover this website. I wanted to thank you for your time for this wonderful
read!! I definitely savored every little bit of
it and i also have you book-marked to see new stuff on your website.