Friday, May 24, 2019

Prawn Crackers


Bookmarked and decided to fry them with my small prawns. Today finally have time so bring myself to work. Works as a great snack after school with my home-brewed chrysanthemum tea. 


Setting aside my prepared ingredients and I am ready to get to work! Love the crispy prawns and only regret not adding the salt (as I am making them for my 3yo as well) The crackers was not saltish enough and definitely need a dipping sauce to enhance the taste. Well, I believe the saltiness wont stop the kids from having more as they love crispy food! 


The fussy eater says ‘GOOD’ despite eating it on its own. So well, shall be good enough for the kids then!  And the older kids will have them on the sides with their rice bentos for lunch. 😊😊 Perhaps next round shall make 2 portion of batter, adding in an extra 1.5tsp salt and increase ikan billis powder to 2tsp instead. But shall see when I will fry them again as the oil really splatter like mad. (Guess my helper must have been in a love hate situation with this crackers as shiok to eat but not shiok with the cooking aftermath) 


Thank goodness its FRIDAY! Love the weekends!! ❤️❤️

Prawn Crackers (adapted and modified from 清闲厨房)
150g rice flour
50g plain flour
1tsp baking soda
1tsp ikan billis powder
1tsp pepper
1tsp parsley flakes
3tbsp oil
1 egg
200ml water
Approx 300g sualor & red prawn
Approx 200g baby spinach

1) Rinse and cut away sharp parts of prawn head
2) Boil in water with salt for 1.5mins. Drain and leave aside
3) Mix dry ingredients together and stir well. Add oil and mix gently.
4) Add in egg and water and stir til no streaks of flour.
5) Add in chopped baby spinach and leave aside.
6) Put some oil and heat up with ladle
7) Scoop 1 spoonful of batter and place prawns on top and place whole ladle in oil
8) Prawn crackers will slide off once its shapes up, overturn n fry for 10-20secs and remove
9) Serve warm with dipping sauce


No comments: