Thursday, September 9, 2021

Char Kway Teow - Thermomix

 

Buying time for ‘Me Time’ during school holidays! Having 1-dish meal for lunches is the best way! 

Been wanting to fry kway teow and decided to put into action today. I was doing laundry while cooking lunch at the same time. This buys me 30mins to do a short HIIT and yet able to serve a homecooked meal for the kids! Youngest boss said its good and went for second helping! Mummy’s heart is happy secretly 🙊

Of cos this minus the wok hey from the wok but it spares me a greasy kitchen to clean up. Yet I can have homecooked meals for my family and still buys extra 30mins to self love by doing a short workout. Amazing gadget I ever invest in! 


Ok, cos I am a visual person. I had to do a short video to show steps by steps for this recipe. And always remember to add ur butterfly whisk when u fry noodles, beehoon or kway teow. (cos i always forgets and ends up with shorter pieces 😬😬)

Char Kway Teow - Thermomix (adapted frm my prev recipe)
2Pkt Kway Teow (Feeds 5 adult)
2-3 Tbsp Dark Soy sauce
1-2 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
3-5 Tbsp Sweet sauce
200g pork belly, cut into strips
1pk xiaobaicai
3cloves of garlic
1Tbsp cooking oil
1 egg

1) Add garlic to mixing bowl - Turbo 2s for 2 times
2) Add cooking oil to garlic - 3mins, varoma, rv sp
3) Meanwhile, pour hot water on kway teow and loosen them up. Pour away the water and add dark soy sauce, light soy sauce and sweet sauce and mix well. Put aside
4) Add pork belly - 5mins, varoma, rv sp 0.5
5) Add Veg - 3mins, varoma, rv sp
6) Remove cooked ingredients. Add butterfly whisk and pour in kway teow - 3mins, varoma, rv sp
7) While cooking, drizzle in beaten eggs and add in cooked ingredients. (You can stop midway to help toss the kway teow more evenly)
Serve warm!

No comments: