Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Another trial - Pineapple Tarts


Finally had time to update my blog, it was a busy busy time for me. First was my advance birthday treat - Phuket, then my gal's 4th Birthday which I promised to have a 3D Princess Cake and then all my CNY goodies orders. 
Managed to rushed out and did another trial for the tarts. Both recipes rave good reviews but I find this recipe slightly less sweet, plus hubby prefer this so I guess I will have to use this for coming years!!
This recipe is also a bit melt in the mouth, less sweet and a bit less buttery as compared to Table for 2's recipe. Maybe that's why hubby prefer this?? My opinion, both taste equally good!


Pineapple Tarts (adapted from LittleTeochew)
- 400g plain flour*
- 50g corn flour
- 1/4 (heaped) tsp salt
- 280g cold, unsalted butter (do not allow it to soften)
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 tbsp cold water (or iced water)
- 6 tbsp icing sugar**
- 1/2 tsp cognac or pure vanilla extract
- For glaze, mix 1 egg yolk + 1 tbsp water

1) Using rub-in method, rub butter with flour, sugar & salt
2) Add in beaten yolk, vanilla & cold water then jus scrap and mix til come together
3) Referigerate for 10mins and use 
4) I wrap 10g dough + 5g paste, bake at 180deg for 20mins, wash with beaten yolks+milk

No comments: