Friday, February 15, 2013

Cream Cheese Pound Cake



Saw NTUC selling blueberries at 2 for $4.95 if I remember correctly, so decided to use them for baking.. Berries is very good for us so it's good to indulge in them occasionally... Decided to use them with this recipe from Little Teochew as I saw a fellow baker post a pic of them and I fell in love and registered it in my To-Do list! 
First, the recipe asked for 150g Butter and my Elle Vire butter is 200g per block so I dun wan to have leftover, I ended using 1 and 1/3 of the recipe. And in my calculation, I accidentally added 35g more of cream cheese so I added additional 20g of flour, using a combi of plain and cake flour. =) Blur sotong rite!?
The end results, I made plain and blueberries flavour, it yummy. For someone who don't really enjoy all the pastries but only baking pleasure, I fell in love with it. It is light, moist and with a tinge of sour from the blueberries, cake is not overpowering with the butter nor cream cheese. 1 word - NICE!




Cream Cheese Pound Cake (adapted from Little Teochew) 
*i made a 4", mini heart shape, 4 mini loaf & 12 mini cuppies*
260g all purpose flour(160g plain + 100g cake)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
200g unsalted butter, room temperature
226g package cream cheese, room temperature
220g castor sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Zest of a lemon or orange (I omit tis)

1) Cream butter and cream cheese til light n fluffy. Add sugar in 3 addition
2) Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt. 
3) Add eggs 1 at a time, mix well. Add Vanilla essence
4) Mix in flour and pour into prepared tin
5) Bake at 170deg for 50mins

*cuppies is 20min, mini loaf is 30mins and the rest is 40-50mins*

No comments: