Thursday, April 4, 2013

1st Strawberry Shortcake - Mini Size



Last week or the week before, Angela asked if I wanna get anything from Daiso as she is going to the branch at Ion. So I asked her to let me know if got any new baking tools. And there she is, even with the very bad reception, she managed to send me Whatsapp for these 2 very cute mini cake tin with removable base. Love it. 

And since I am making a Strawberry Shortcake as requested by another nice, old fren, I decided to trial a mini one for my family to test out the sweetness etc. I was quite worried to use the tin as it is not non-stick and also not the dull silvery cake tin. In fact it is those shiny metal tins that I don't know if my cake will 'climb' well. But my worries were uncalled for as it rises nicely and bake nicely. *Yeah*

So I proceeded with all the tips learnt in RG's class to cream and do up the cake, similar design as to how the bakery present their version of Strawberry Shortcake. Considered 6/10? I hope to improve next round in terms of 'dolling' up the cake. Taste wise, yummy!!

Btw I am using the same recipe, but its 1/3 of the original recipe for 1 mini size cake. And I am using whipping cream this round.
Vanilla Sponge ( given by a fren, so not sure where she got it)
6 yolks
130g Top Flour *I use Cake Flour
70g Oil
80g Milk
20g sugar

6 whites
130g Sugar

1) Using Chiffon method


13 comments:

Ann@Anncoo Journal said...

This strawberry shortcake is very cute and pretty! Love the generous strawberries topping on top :)

Priscilla said...

Tks Ann... Appreciate you dropping by.. Still got more to learn.. Til shall cut it n post the inside of cake...

angeline ong said...

Priscilla, how is the cake tin looks like? mini one? This strawberry shortcake is nicely decorated....

Priscilla said...

Angeline, it's abt 4" size I think. I have upload the pic of the tin above, take a look.. =)

angeline ong said...

Oh ya thanks...gues I overlook about it.

Priscilla said...

Angeline, not overlook, I added in after u ask me how the tin looks like.. Sorry to confuse u. Haha =)

Angel @ Cook.Bake.Love said...

Thanks for the cake. It tasted really good!

Priscilla said...

Glad u like it And thanks for helping me get the tin and your Yuzu Chiffon Cuppies.. Gonna have it for BF tml..

lena said...

actually i have something similar to this cake tin..but i hardly use that..sometimes just forgot that i have such tins ...:D

Priscilla said...

Lena, now u can use it.. LOL..

IMPENG said...

Looks soft!!
If i follow this recipe, then how big is it? 8inches also?

Priscilla said...

Hi,

Yes, will be 8".. =) Have fun..

IMPENG said...

Thanks^^