I came across this recipe when I was browsing thru some cooking blogs. I always loved jam cookies, esp pineapple jam. So why strawberry? Oh, cos I recently bought a tub of strawberry filling from RG's class. And I didn't really like it in between my cakes so I tot I put it to good use rather than wasting it, leaving it to expire in the fridge.
I found the recipe quite straight-forward and simple. But 1 thing I don't really like was, it is very sticky. I added about 3-4 tbsp of cornflour to the dough as I was rolling them out. After adding the cornflour, it is easier to roll and cut. I cut them into hearts, then some with a small little hole to 'expose' the filling.
The smell of the cookies baking is very fragrant. I tasted the cookies on its own, it is very fragrant, a bit sweet for me. It will be good on its own to go with a cup of coffee or tea. It compliments the strawberry filling very well. But I think I roll the cookies slightly too thin and I would do it again, rolling it slightly thicker.
Strawberry Jam Cookies (adapted from ReeseKitchen)
*i halve the recipe and yields 15 jam cookies
95g Plain Flour
50g Grounded Hazelnut *i use almond
1tsp vanilla essence
175g Strawberry Filling
1tsp lemon juice
1) Cream butter and sugar til fluffy
2) Add vanilla essence, then plain flour. Mix into a dough
3) Chill for 1 hour *i chill in freezer for 30mins
4) Roll put dough and cut out shapes of preference
5) Bake at 170deg for 10-15mins. Cooled
6) Cook strawberry filling with lemon juice til simmer, cooled
7) Spoon filling onto cookies, after both are cooled. Store in airtight.Keep in fridge to stay crisp