Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ham & Cheese Bread - Alex Goh direct bread recipe


For the past 2 days, I have been practicing my sponge cake recipe til I am so tired aldy. Today decided to bake some bread that I have bookmarked earlier. I simply have to make this bread after I caught the pic on someone's blog. The bread looks so yummy that I have to try. Most I pt it is a straight bread method which is suitable for me in my busy schedule. 

The way it is roll up and then stacked and cut and place together to bake, it just makes eating it so easy. Jus tear a portion and you can jus sink ur teeth into it. And the recipe is a mixture of bread flour and plain flour. Good!!



Overall, bread is soft but not very soft as white bread cos I modify to Wholemeal version. But it's not so dry as those commercialized Wholemeal bread. It's considered good for a straight dough recipe. Try it. 

Ham & Cheese Bread Loaf (modified from Vivian Pang Kitchen)
**i halve the recipe for a ham & cheese loaf, 5x mini sausage buns and 1 ham&cheese braid155g Bread Flour
5g Wholemeal Flour
40g Plain Flour
15g sugar
1/2tsp salt
1/2tsp yeast
1 egg
110ml milk
12g Canola Oil

1) Mix all dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Add in milk & egg.
Knead til dough-like
2) Add in canola oil and continue to mix til it can form a membrane. Proof for 1hour or til doubled
3) Divide a portion of 100gx2, 15-17gx5, remaining for a braid
4) Refer to recipe source on how to stack the bread, then leave to proof for 45mins or til doubled. Bake at 180deg for 30mins.

2 comments:

kitchen flavours said...

Lovely buns to have for breakfast!

recipes said...

this is what i called food...lol
Seriously, i loved this cace very much. Thanks for posting this recipes