Haven decide what to bake for hubby birthday dinner with his ex collits. Last min saw this simple orange chiffon which coincides with this month's Little Thumb up. So I decided to bake this simple dessert to bring along.
Very straight forward method and simply deco with some whipped cream and almonds. It is not very dry, taste like sponge cake to me and most impt not dry! Hubby loves it, 6 slices out of a 7" Chiffon n he took my share too.. His collits have the 'Pass' too... Try it...
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Bake For Happy Kids, and My Little Favourite DIY, hosted by Ann of Anncoo Journal at this post.
Orange Chiffon (adapted from BakingIntoTheEther)
2/3 Cup Sugar
60ml Orange Juice
Whipped Cream and almonds as deco
1) Whipped egg white into stiff peaks, adding sugar in 2 additions.
2) Meanwhile, add oil to yolks and mix well. Add in juice and mix til combine with whisk.
3) Add flour and mix well. Leave aside.
4) Add 1/3 of meringue into batter, mix well. Add another 1/3 and mix well. I pour batter into remaining whites and fold gently.
5) Bake at 180deg for 30mins. Cool before decorating.