Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Coffee Crumble Muffins


Lately a friend in MFWL has gotten an oven from her friend and has been surprising us with her wonderful creations. I would say, she is really talented in crafts and cooking/baking. You should see her bentos day by day which she spent time making for her 2 kids. I tried, and obviously I dun had the flair in bentos. As for making DIYs, she has the right fingers and creativity for it. And I think lately she done up a blog but I didn't catch it. Must go and ask her liao.


This coffee crumble muffins is modified frm her banana and blueberries crumble muffins. Hubby doesn't really like the idea of fruits in muffins and leaving them overnight. And I so much want to try this recipe out. So my little brain worked a little and tot, coffee goes well with brown sugar toppings. 
I generously added 2-3 heaps of coffee granula, and I did not regret doing that. The smell of coffee aroma in the muffins. I tell u, u can wake up if u have it for tea break while working. Rich, bitter and sweetness from brown sugar. Perfect! 

Coffee Crumble Muffins (modified from Jasmine's Blueberries Crumble Muffins recipe)
190g Plain Flour
125g caster sugar
2tsp baking powder
1/4tsp salt
1tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3cup canola oil (recipe call for vegetable oil)
1/3cup milk
1 egg
2-3 heaps of coffee granula (recipe call for 1 cup fresh blueberries)

Crumbs toppings:
Mix 1Tbsp Butter, 1Tbsp Flour & 45g brown sugar 
*original uses 2 Tbsp flour & 75g brown sugar

1) Mix dry ingredient together
2) Mix egg, oil, milk, coffee granula and vanilla extract
3) Fold in dry mixture into wet ingredients. Do not over mix
4) Fill 3/4 batter into liners
5) Put crumbs topping evenly in top of each batter
6) Bake at 200deg for 25mins

No comments: