Friday, December 7, 2012

My 1st Xmas Log Cake



Supposed to go for Irisa's and her friends' Christmas gathering but due to change of date and I happen to have a 'date' with my GFs so I can't make it. But I have promised to make a log cake for the gathering so I tried to make time to fulfill it. Don't really like the idea of making a promise and then not being able to fulfill. ESP since the idea of the kids eating the cake happily, I can't resist not making it. 
I used back my a chocolate Swiss roll recipe that I did before, and coupled with Vanilla Swiss meringue. It was very easy to asssemble and I don't have to worry about not being able to cream it smooth and nicely. Just need to roughly cover it well, use a fork to run thru to create the log lines. Put on the Christmas deco and I am done. Nice~




No comments: