Friday, December 14, 2012

My 2nd Xmas Log Cake


Had some balance of vanilla buttercream from my 1st Xmas log cake, and I am going for another gathering on Sunday at a GF's Plc. So here I am, chocolate log cake with Nutella Buttercream.
I added 1 Tablespoon of Nutella to 1/2 of the buttercream that I made from this recipe, and used the Swiss roll recipe from here. I replaced with 45ml hot water + 2Tbsp coco powder and topped up to make up 60ml to replace the liquid for the batter.
Mmmm..... Hope my fren will like the log cake this sun... =)



Chocolate Swiss Roll (adapted from prev post)
(A) Whip whites to stiff peaks
3 whites
50g sugar

(B) Mix all well
3 yolks
40ml canola oil
15g sugar
1tsp vanilla
45ml hot water + 2 Tbsp coco (add more water to make up 60ml water)

1) Fold in 1/3 whites into batter, mix well
2) Fold in remaining batter into whites gently
3) Bake at 180deg for 10-15mins

Nutella Buttercream (modified from here)
* I used half the amount of buttercream made from above recipe*
Added 2Tbsp Nutella and whip well



No comments: