Thursday, March 22, 2012

Simple Meal & Bread making again

Today was alone with 2 toddlers and have an urge to bake, need to settle their lunch and also to think of what's for dinner. So I decided to cook simple lunch and dinner. Wanted to bake with Tang Zhong that I prepared day before and keep inside the fridge, so that I can know if I can make a bit more whenever i made a batch for my breads. I realised this method really yields a much softer, fluffy bread.
Lunch was simple fried bee hoon, I fry with oyster sauce, simmer and added a bit of pepper. It was so yummy that my little boy had a bowl, my older gal had 2 bowls. And i finish up the balance with her at 3pm for tea break again. Yummy.
Fried Bee Hoon
Ingredients
Bunch of White Japanese Mushroom 
Bunch of Bean Sprout
5 Fishballs, cut into slices
2 ricebowl of Thick Bee Hoon
2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
Dash of pepper
1/2 Cup Water

Fry garlic in olive oil til fragrant.
Add in mushroom, bean sprout, fishball and fry til cooked
Add in bee hoon, mix well
Add oyster sauce, water and pepper
Simmer for 5 mins

side view of today bake

fluffy and soft texture
Assorted bread using Tanzhong
Again, I used the Hokkaido Milk Loaf recipe again. This round I twisted the recipe and added 1 tsp of Chocolate Essence and 2 Tbsp of Chocolate Chips to half the dough. I played with colour for the other half and added pink to create the swirls. Yes, it was soft and yummy. Ended up couldnt resist and making another batch of assorted bread with the same recipe. It was yummy as well. Next of my list, I gonna try the Pai Pau recipe from Christine.
Pan Fried Lemon Pepper Salmon
Got this idea from 1 of my Facebook friend. Saw her pics and she taught me this. Marinate the salmon with pepper, lemon juice and salt. Coat with corn flour and pan fried with just enough oil to fry it. It was yummy. Love it.
That's the end of my long post. I hope my family love whatever I have prepared today. And yes, i made another batch of ice cream today. Chocolate flavour again, added 1 tsp of peppermint to try Peppermint Chocolate. Yumm. Will update when it's ready after i taste it. As for the orginal chocolate ice cream, it goes so well with the Milk Loaf above..

No comments: