Thursday, March 14, 2013

My own version of Ngoh Hiang


Been wanting to make my own Ngoh Hiang but couldn't find the 'skin' as I seldom go to wet market. So that fateful day, I went to Serangoon Market for lunch and decided to cook some Yong Tau Foo and I was buying some yellow noodles when I suddenly saw it. The SKIN!! Yes, so I took a packet.


After thinking about it for days, I decided to put it to use. I tried to think what could be the ingredients - Meat, Prawn, Carrots and what else???? So I came up with my own version. The process is so tedious. Wrapping, steaming the deep frying them. And yes, my hardwork paid off. It's yummy!! Hubby and kids enjoyed them and my son kept asking for it, most important, Grandma give the thumbs up!

In the midst of cooking, I baked Pandan & White bread loaf. Yummy.. I wrapped some with Kaya & Nutella..


Ngoh Hiang
100g Minced Meat
1/2 Carrot, chopped
1 Stalk Spring Onions, chopped
6 Medium Prawns, diced
1tsp Five Spice Powder
2tsp Lt Soy Sauce
2tsp Sesame Oil
Dash of Pepper
1/2tsp Cornflour

1) Mix all the above ingredients
2) Cut the beancurd skin into desired size, wipe away all the salt with a clean wet cloth
3) Wrap ingredients in the amount of filling as per preference
4) Steam for 10min, leave to cool
5) Cut into smaller pieces, dip in beaten egg and deep fried til golden brown

No comments: