Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Keeper Recipe - Muffin overloaded with Chocolate


My mum asked me to help with baking a cake for her RC Kakis' KTV session tml. And since I have bookmarked this Must-try Muffin recipe, I have to ask her if I could bake some muffins instead. She said YES and I was over the moon. We could never finish a full recipe and I really want to try this out.

I saw a fren from a baking group posting this recipe. I was so so drooling over the 'inside' look of her muffins. It looks soft, fluffy and yummilicious. I wished I could bite into my phone screen... Haha~ I Whatsapp her, she told me taste slightly like those muffins from the famous ShunFu stall, and she actually modified it from some other recipe. 

I did a quick batch, with the help of my neighbour's oven, I managed to bake 33 normal-sized muffins and 12 mini muffins. I added some lemon Emulco and again, not enough lemon taste... Ha~ But luckily it still have that hint of vanilla fragrance, and still taste soft and yummy with the chocolate chips. And I reduce sugar by 40g and kinda regret, perhaps the full 250g sugar would have make these muffins taste better. 


I kept 2 mini muffins to go with my kids lunchbox for Friday's Fruit Day at school. Along with their favourite strawberries, I am positively sure they will enjoy their snack..

Muffins (adapted from Grace Tan)
250g Butter
250g Sugar
3 Large Eggs
4tsp Vanilla Extract
470g Cake flour
450g Milk
4tsp Dbl Acting baking powder
Toppings (optional)

1) Cream butter til creamy and add sugar graudually. (I add in 3 additions)
2) Add egg 1 at a time, mixing well. Scrap down if needed. Add vanilla extract.
3) Sift Flour and baking powder and divide into 3 portions, divide milk into 2 portions.
Alternate with flour first, adding into the mixture. 
4) Using an ice cream scoop, scoop about 1 full scoop into each cupcake case and top it up with your preferred toppings.
5) Bake at 180deg for 20-25mins.

PS: BIG THANKS TO ALL READERS! I AM SO GLAD TO HIT MY 1ST MILLION!! PLS CONTINUE TO SUPPORT....

No comments: