The other day, Hubby went for a ex collit gathering as it was 1 of their bday. 1 of the ex collit, Auntie Annie brought a Orange Semolina Cake and hubby kept raving that it was very nice. He even gave me the recipe for it.
As it was my first attempt, I didn't really make much changes except that I used 1/2 water to mix with 1/2 lemon juice. And I really regret tt change I made. I was worried that the cake will turn out too sour so I didn't use fully lemon juice as per recipe. So now my cake isn't zesty enough..
The cake tasted not bad after all. I believe not as nice as Auntie Annie version. Her was Orange and I substitute with lemon. But it is definetely worth a try. And please follow recipe use fully lemon juice. I will try it again, this time am sure it will taste nice.
I am submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up, an event organized by Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite D.I.Y. and hosted by Grace of Life Can Be Simple.
Lemon Semolina Cake (can't credit recipe source as it was a image from Whatsapp Sorry)
**halve the recip
60ml Lemon juice
1 grated lemon skin
75g Top flour
1/2tsp Baking powder
1) Soak semolina in lemon juice for 30mins.
2) Cream butter and sugar til creamy. Add eggs gradually and continue beating.
3) Add semolina into butter mixture, as well as grated lemon skin. Mix.
4) Fold in flour mixed with baking powder.
5) Bake at 180deg for 40mins or til skewer comes out clean.