Monday, February 17, 2014

Roasted Chicken & Buttery Herb Bread


Since grandma isn't around for this few days, I got so much on my hands. Thus trying to prepare meals that require lesser attention so I can be around the kids, for just in case they fight or quarrel. And the 1st meal to prepare - Roast Chicken & Buttery Herb Bread for dinner,  to go along with Campbell's Creamy Mushroom Chix Soup.

I am using this same recipe for my bread, cutting them into strips, I spread with margarine and baked for 10mins til the butter fragrance is out. It will be great when you serve along with the soup. The kids love dipping toasted bread into their soup each time we eat out. 

As for the chicken, I am marinating it as per my own liking. I use a mixture of Tumeric powder, Chopped Thyme, Chopped Basil, Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic, Ginger, Lemon Slice. I marinate them ahead and then freeze it. So I don't have to get so busy washing and marinating the chicken when I am busy going in and out of the hse sending and fetching the kids.

I cut it up and baked it, hoping that it will bake faster and cook better. The aroma of baking chicken is so yummy that I wished I could take a bite into it. Just hoping that my end result will serve my little and big kids a delicious meal. 

On a side note, a celebration meal for my blog being featured in the weekly blog held by Foodie Blogroll for February 14, 2014. Hurray!!

Roast Chicken
1 Spring Chicken, washed and cleaned
1Tbsp Chopped Thyme
1 Tbsp Chopped Basil
1tsp Tumeric Powder
1Tbsp Salt
Black Pepper
1 Clove of garlic
1/2 chunk Ginger
4thin slice of Lemon 

1) I washed and clean the chicken, rubbing all the above over the upside and inside of the chicken. Then I stuff the garlic, ginger and lemon inside the chicken and freeze it til later use.
2) Thaw chicken and baked at 180-200deg for about 1.5hr or longer, til the chicken is cooked. Serve warm.



No comments: