I am doing this post with step by step pic to make the Salted Caramel Ice Cream. It's really simple, can be done in 30mins, minus the fridging & churning..I am submitting this to the Little Thumbs Up "Egg" event hosted by Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out, organized by Bake for Happy Kids, my little favourite DIY.
From Book - Gelato, Ice Cream, Sherbet by Kumiko Yanase
1) Take sugar and water in pot, cook over low fire. Stirring continuously. In the meantime, warm up whipping cream in microwave for 30seconds.
*note that my sugar becomes harden before melting again to form brownish syrup*
2) Beat yolks and sugar til pale yellow.
3) Once sugar starts to browned, slowly add in warm whipping cream, drizzling on the back of spoon.
4) Add milk to mixture and stir til start to boil. Pour 1/2 mixture into yolk mixture, stirring continuously til sugar dissolves.
5) Pour back into pot, stir til mixture becomes thick, can coat back of spoon. Off fire, cool over cold water. Fridge for 3-4hours.
5) Churn in ice cream maker. Put in airtight container then freeze til slightly form. Serve.