This is always 1 of my favourite dish to go with a bowl of plain rice. It is cheap, delicious, comfort food for me and my grandma. A dish that I always eat, growing up..
My grandma always fry it with eggs, and I remember when I was a kid, I always pick out the eggs to eat and not the Bittergourd. Hahaha~ But as I am older, yes I am getting old, I learn to appreciate Bittergourd. The light hint of bitter, coupled with the sweetness from the eggs makes it a very delicious dish. A simple and nutritious dish.
I am sharing this dish today, my own interpretation of the dish in my way. Our dinner tonight on a Friday!
I am submitting this to the Little Thumbs Up "Egg" event hosted by Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out, organized by Bake for Happy Kids, my little favourite DIY.
Stir-fried Bittergourd with Eggs
1 Bittergourd, wash and remove the seeds
1tsp Fish Gravy to taste
1) Cut Bittergourd into strips. Beat eggs and leave for later use.
2) Fry garlic til fragrant. Add in Bittergourd and fry.
3) Add a little water to simmer til Bittergourd is cooked, it will be soft. Pour beaten eggs over the top.
4) Once eggs are 80% cooked, turn over to the other side and continue to cook.
5) Once eggs are cooked, serve.