Thursday, July 4, 2013

Wholemeal Flaxseed Custard Bread


With reference to my previous attempt on the Custard Bread, I make a variation to come up with a Wholemeal Flaxseed Custard Bread. So why did I added flaxseed to my Wholemeal bread? Cos I read about flaxseed is high in fiber, and many nutrition values so I tot, why not?

I saw retail selling flaxseed by pieces, but I feel that it is too for my boy. Kinda worried about him choking etc. End up I chanced upon this powder form of flaxseed by Origins brand and I grab 1. 


The end result of my modifications turns out well. Bread is still soft, not too dry and it is not too overwhelming in my feel. But I feel that it need to go with a spread so that you don't feel the flaxseed taste that much? Or maybe just myself being paranoid cos I know I 'added' special ingredients. Hahah.. Anyway, do try this healthy bread loaf at home. 


And I make a extra bread into Garlic Cheese roll. Yum yum... 

Read up here if you want to know more about flaxseed.

Kids with their bread & Nutella spread. Hubby says very soft and nice. Great recipe to keep...

Wholemeal Flaxseed Custard Bread (with reference to Culinary Kitchenette)
Custard TangZhong
10g Caster Sugar
15g Bread Flour
1 Yolk
65g Milk 

Bread Dough
150g Bread Flour
100g Wholemeal Flour
10g Flaxseed Powder
15g Milk Powder
30g Sugar
1/4tsp Salt
4g Yeast
110g Milk
25g Butter

1) Mix dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Add Milk & Tang Zhong to form dough.
2) Add in butter and knead til soft and smooth. (Do the dough test)
3) Proof for 1hr or til doubled. Divide dough into 4s (approx 115g each)
4) Roll out dough and fold into long strips. Placed in bread pan and proof til doubled.
5) Bake for 20-30mins at 180deg.

No comments: