Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Japanese Baked Cheesecake


Always loved Japanese Cheesecake but outside always selling them way too high for a small small portion. And it is very high in fats, so it's a No-No for ppl like me, dying to get rid of the excess kilos. Anyway I saw a member posting a pic of her baked cheesecake in FB and she said that she used the less fat version of creamcheese for this recipe and it turns out well. So, yes, why not? I decided to have a go at it.
During the trip for my weekly grocery shopping, I found out that there is another lower fat version of Creamcheese. I saw the 80% less fat and 60% less fat. Didnt know there is a version of this 80% less fat so I faster grab 1 to keep. After lying in the fridge for 1 week as I was busy baking my mooncakes, I finally found time to do it TODAY!
I took some pics to show the steps but it's very raw so please pardon the poor photo-taking skills. LOL!
Japanese Baked Cheesecake (adapted from Little Teochew)
140g Sugar (I reduced to 130g)
6 egg whites (I used 5 large eggs)
1/4 cream of tartar
6 egg yolks
50g butter
250g cream cheese (I used 80% less fat version)
100ml fresh milk
60g cake flour
20g cornflour
1/4 tsp salt
Method
1) Melt creamcheese, butter and milk on dbl boil **i use microwave on a 20seconds interval and stir them*

2) Beat egg whites til frothy. Add cream of tartar
3) Add sugar gradually and whipped til soft peak
4) Fold in flour, salt, egg yolk and mix well
5) Fold in egg whites gently
6) Pour into 8" cake tin, lined with baking paper on bottom and sides *i baked in a 6", 6 cuppies and a mini loaf tin*
7) Bake at 160deg, water bath *i baked with a tray of water with the cakes on the rack above it*

No comments: