Monday, October 7, 2013

Claypot Tofu


I decided to have a quick meal, so I made Bak Kut Teh and a Claypot Tofu to support my Soya Beans  - Little Thumbs Up.

I did a real super quick one that is simple, delicious and yummy on its own with a bowl of rice. But I added a bit too much dark soy sauce for colour that it is too dark. But pls, dun judge it's appearance, cos real yummy that hubby was asking if there is leftover rice for 'top up'... (And I only have 1 pic for this dish cos it finish up so fast.)

I blanch the Broccoli, deep-fried the tofu then went on to make the sauce before topping the deep-fried tofu. Try this when you are lazy cos it makes a simply delicious meal.

I am submitting this post to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Mich of Piece of Cake.

Claypot Tofu
1tube Tofu
20g minced meat
1Broccoli 
5 Shitake Mushroom, slice
1stalk Spring onion, Strips
1 Garlic
3Tbsp Oyster Sauce
2Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
11/2Cup water
Cornstarch to thicken

1) Cut and wash Brocolli, blanch and leave aside. Cut tofu and deep fried til golden brown, leave aside.
2) Sauté garlic til fragrant, add spring onion and Shitake mushroom.
3) Add minced meat and fry, add water, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce. Bring to boil and simmer.
4) Tatse and add cornstarch to thicken. Put tofu on tofu.

5 comments:

Lian said...

Yum,both look delicious!

Zoe said...

Hi Priscilla,

I'm touched seeing what you wrote...
claypot tofu to support soya bean thumbs up... Thumbs up for both of your delicious dishes :D

Zoe

Priscilla said...

Thanks Lian...

Zoe,
Must support support if I can ma..... =)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for your huge support, Priscilla. I love these 2 dishes! They look so good.

Priscilla said...

Hi Mich,

Thanks... Always loved to cook for my family...
Will try to join whenever I can.. Been missing a couple of Bake Along event...