Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Maple Syrup Butter Cookies


People go for retail therapy when they are moody or in a lousy mood. I bake to make myself feel better. Something awful happen today, I accidentally spill bee hoon soup on my boy. I wasn't feeling very well, under medication and dunno how come the plate just slipped.

Luckily my boy didn't suffer any burns, just slightly red and by afternoon, his leg looks ok, skin doesn't look burnt or anything. They look normal and he never complain of anymore pain. Lucky me! If not I would have been carrying this guilt for the longest time.


I was thinking what to bake to cheer myself up and I remembered that I bookmarked this cookies. I decided to bake them for my little boy whom I think he will be thrilled. Tiny and looks like little stars.

Taste wise, it does melt in the mouth but I prefer a much crunchier feel. I realized that if you bake them longer, darker shade of brown, they will be more crunchy. I will definitely try this again, replacing all with plain flour for the crunch!

It filled up a small half tub so I am wondering how long they will last. Presenting my humble dinner.


Maple Syrup Butter Cookies (adapted from DailyDelicious)
*i halve recipe*
63g Unsalted Butter
40g Maple Syrup
1/2tsp Vanilla Essence
55g Plain Flour
17g Corn Flour

1) Beat butter, maple syrup and vanilla essence til fluffy.
2) Add in sifted cornflour and plain flour. Mix well and put into piping bag.
3) Pipe into tray and bake at 160deg for 15-20mins til browned.

1 comment:

victoria bakes said...

what a timely recipe.. i have some maple syrup to use up.... looks good! tks!