Thursday, October 10, 2013

Home-made Yong Tau Foo Bee Hoon Soup


Yes, i am cooking this again with a much flavourful stock. Adding chicken bones that I kept from my Chicken rice the other night. It's is very fragrance and after adding all my yong tau foo ingredients, it is so sweet and delicious. Home made goodness I would say..


I am pairing it with bee hoon, with soup and dry version for dinner. Simple love the light light dinner.. Yummy... And I know, I have submitted 2 soya beans-related recipes. Gonna try dessert soon... =)

I am submitting this post to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Mich of Piece of Cake.

Home-made Yong Tau Foo Bee Hoon Soup
250g Minced Meat
2x Sato Fish Paste, 400g total
1stalk Spring Onion
2stalk Coriander
Pepper, Sesame oil, 1tsp Lt Soy Sauce

1pkt Green Chilli, remove seeds
1box Mini Tau Pok, cut and overturn
1/2 Bittergourd, cut into rings and remove core

1) Mix above except coriander and spring onion. Divide paste into 2 portion, add coriander and spring onion into 1 portion of paste.
2) Take the portion with spring onion and coriander and mould into meatballs. Take remaining paste and fill up green chilli, tau pok and bittergourd.

Soup Stock
Chix Bones
1/2cloves garlic, washed
150g Soya Beans

1) Boil above with 5l of water for at least 1.5-2hours.

7 comments:

Victoria Bakes said...

This is mouth watering....

Priscilla said...

Thanks Victoria..

Red Sister said...

U should add some ikan bilis in your stock, it will be more delicious.

Priscilla said...

Hi Red Sister,
I usu does tt but I didn't yday cos gt 2 chix's bone aldy..
Tks.

Ivy Sew said...

Hi Priscilla, very yummy and healthy homemade yong tofu beehoon. I can practically finished the soup too. Have a nice weekend ahead :)

Unknown said...

Yong Tau Foo is one of my favourite dishes! Love your home made version.

Zoe said...

I like homemade Yong Tau Foo and like to make mine with fresh mushrooms :D

Yours with tau pork, chilli and bittergourd are always the delicious classic :D

Zoe